LifePlan is not a quick and simple writing exercise. It is a comprehensive writing exercise that requires focus and effort over multiple hours. The goal of LifePlan is to help you gain a deeper understanding of your goals, values, and aspirations, and to develop a plan for how to achieve them. This requires dedicated time and effort, but the benefits of completing the exercise are well worth it. By taking the time to reflect on your life, you will gain increased self-awareness, goal clarity, and motivation to pursue your ideas. So, while LifePlan may be a challenging exercise, it is an important step towards creating the future you want for yourself.
Tips for making the most of the LifePlan exercise:
- Plan ahead: Schedule a specific time for the writing exercise and make sure you won’t be disturbed during that time. You can also use a timer to work in focused 25-minute intervals with breaks in between.
- Be honest: LifePlan is an opportunity for self-reflection and introspection. Write down your thoughts and feelings honestly for yourself without fear of judgement.
- Let your thoughts flow: Don’t worry about making everything perfect right away. Write freely and don’t restrict your ideas. You can always revisit and edit your answers later.
- Take care of yourself: If you start to feel overwhelmed or stuck, take a break. Get up, stretch, and do something to clear your mind. Then return to the exercise with a refreshed perspective.
- Celebrate your progress: Completing the LifePlan exercise takes focus and effort, so take a moment to celebrate your progress as you complete each section.